ME

ME

Tuesday 20 February 2018

2018....


What a way to start the New Year....  I received the fantastic news that I had been successful in being selected to compete for the Isle of Man at the 2018 Commonwealth Games, being held in Australia's Gold Coast in April!



I am extremely honoured to have been selected - especially after having suffered some major setbacks within the last 12 months.   During the qualifying window, I successfully achieved qualifying times in the 50m/100m Backstroke, 50m/100m/200m Breaststroke, 50m/100m Butterfly and 200m/400m Individual Medley, now I need to sit down with my coaches and carefully decide exactly which events I will be swimming as it would be impossible to compete in them all.

After the worst flight to the Island I had ever been subjected to on New Year's Day, during Hurricane Eleanor, I eventually landed safely!  The following morning, I attended a Media Workshop with many of the other athletes, followed by a presentation regarding Anti-Doping in Sport before the official team launch took place later that evening.  The announcement of Team IOM was held at the Claremont Hotel in Douglas on the 2nd January, hosted by Jo Pack from The Sport Package.

Myself, Laura, Guy and Steph

The evening was well attended and we were brought to the front alphabetically in our sports.  The team consists of 32 athletes with representatives from the following sports: Athletics, Badminton, Cycling (track/road/mountain bike), Gymnastics, Lawn Bowls, Shooting, Swimming and Triathlon.  My swimming team mates consist of Guy Davies, Charlotte Atkinson, Steph Brew and Laura Kinley.  It is extremely exciting for the Isle of Man, that we will have the opportunity to not only compete as individuals, but also due to the fact that it is the first time the Island has been able to send a female relay team to the Commonwealth Games.  We will be competing in the 4x100m Freestyle and 4x100m Medley Relays which are always

(Details of the Isle of Man Commonwealth Games Team)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/42557178

I would like to take this opportunity to thank the Isle of Man Commonwealth Games Association for giving me the opportunity to compete once again for Team Isle of Man at these Games, I am looking forward to the challenges ahead, and hope to be able to come away with some great results.


No comments:

Post a Comment