ME

ME

Wednesday 13 August 2014

Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games - Day 3

Day 3
Saturday 26th July 2014

Today I returned to the pool prepared to compete in the 200m Breaststroke and 50m Butterfly.  First up was the 200m Breaststroke, feeling apprehensive about the condition of my knee, I knew it would be a tough race both mentally and physically.  I was swimming inthe final heat, heat No.4, lane No.1.  I held my place, finishing 7th in my heat however, I was very disappointed with my time of 2.40.00, some 4.5 seconds slower than my personal best.  The winner of my heat, Taylor McKeown from Australia went on to win the final in a time of 2.22.36!  With no time to dwell, I returned to the calling area to wait for my next event.

Next up was the 50m Butterfly.  This is an event I had originally entered to enable me to have 'another' swim whilst at there. I knew there was no pressure on me, As I had only set a new PB of 28.97 at the British Gas International Meet, which was the first time I had actually hit the CG Qualifying Time.  However, I picked myself up after my 200m Breast swim, even managing a wave to the crowd from behind the starting blocks! Although my finishing time time was slightly slower than my PB (29.30), I finished my heat in 4th place which I was extremely pleased with.

After the morning session, I managed to grab a few moments with my family, along with a few special friends who had travelled to Glasgow to watch; Tracy, Steven and Georgia Mort from Grace Cole also Andy and Caitlin Armstrong from Pioneer 79.  It was great to see everyone travelling to Glasgow to support me, Thank you!!  



1 comment:

T.P Properties said...

Hiya! I've done a little facebook story on your Nationals Niamh at https://www.facebook.com/tpproperties Hope you like it!

Post a Comment